F L A V I C O N
Oh Yeah! That's What I'm Saying . . .
The favorite expression: "Oh Yeah, That's what I'm Talking About" is grammatically incorrect, ending as it does, with a preposition.
Hence, I use: "Oh Yeah! That's What I'm Saying" (With the emphasis in "I'm")
Anyway . . .
Today's blog is about that small icon you see up in the address bar of Facebook and any other site you visit.
Have you ever wanted one of those for your site? Well, it's pretty simple.
First you need to download and install one small program on your computer:
Go To: http://www.picture2icon.com/
So, you take any JPG picture and open it with this program. Save the file with filename. 'flavicon'
MAKE SURE YOU ONLY USE THE 16 X 16 PIXEL CHOICE ON THE RADIO BUTTONS. . .
Now take this script:
link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"
And don't forget to put the LEFT-HANDED SIDEWAYS BRACKET: CAPS FOR COMMA ON YOUR KEYBOARD before it and the RIGHT-HANDED SIDEWAYS BRACKET: CAPS FOR PERIOD ON YOUR KEYBOARD after it. This blog gets all confused if I try to do that for you.
and the little flavicon.ico file and do the following:
Open you web page with notepad. Copy the above script and place it just before the
/ h e a d Oh yeah there are those brackets before and after the / h e a d tag also -- again I can't write that h t m l code in this blog.
tag Save the web page. You need to do this for all your web pages.
Now upload all your webpages and upload the flavicon.ico file all to the same directory.
That's all there is to it.
Comments
Post a Comment